ST. FRANCIS COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, HOHOE
APPOINTMENT OF PRINCIPAL
SEARCH COMMITTEE NOTIFICATION
The Council of St. Francis College of Education, Hohoe, hereby announces that the post of Principal of St. Francis College of Education will fall vacant from 31st August, 2021. A successor is therefore being sought to replace the incumbent Principal, who retires from the College as of that date. The Council invites applications from distinguished persons with a high level of competence, integrity, moral standing, institutional management expertise and, commitment, with proven leadership skills, as well as possessing the requisite academic qualifications and experience.
The vision of the College is to be a reputable College of Education for training world-class science and mathematics teachers to teach in basic schools in Ghana and beyond. The mission of the College is to create an environment that promotes students’ holistic development, teaching and learning, as well as research.
St. Francis College of Education was the first Catholic Institution established in the Lower Volta Vicariate in 1908 and the second oldest College of Education in Ghana. The College is a public accredited tertiary teacher education institution established under the Colleges of Education ACT, 2012, (Act 847) and affiliated to the University of Cape Coast. It has the reputation of producing high caliber and disciplined professional graduate teachers for Basic and Second Cycle Institutions.
- The Position
The Principal of the College is the chief academic, executive head, and disciplinary officer (staff and students) of the college and accountable to the Governing Council of the College. In this capacity he/she shall:
- ensure the implementation of decisions of the Council;
- conduct the academic, financial, and administrative business of the College in line with the Colleges of Education Act, Statutes, National Financial Laws and Regulations, other national laws and regulations, and approved institutional policies and regulations;
- prepare reports, returns, and information, including income and expenditure estimates and operational reports, for consideration of the Council, and submitting statutory reports to the relevant national bodies and authorities;
- perform other functions as directed by Council.
- Must have a good First Degree and a Researched Master’s Degree from a recognized University/Institution in any field. A Ph.D. is an added advantage.
- Should be a distinguished academic with a minimum of ten years’ post-qualification teaching and research experience in a College of Education System/University/Reputable Research Institution.
- Should have served or currently be serving in a Senior Management position for not less than five years in a College of Education System/University/Reputable Research Institution.
- Must be on a rank not below Principal Tutor OR Senior Lecturer/Senior Research Fellow in a University/Research Institution System.
- Must not be more than Fifty-Six years of age at the closing date for submission of applications.
- Must demonstrate competencies in Institutional Building along with an established track record of strong Academic Administration, Leadership, and Financial Management Skills.
- Must be well versed with the relevant Acts, Rules and Statutory Regulations and Policies governing the management of Tertiary Education Institutions.
- Must have a proven record of Resource Mobilization and Prudent Financial Management.
- Must be a Team Builder and a Team Player.
C. Terms of Appointment
- To be determined by the Council consistent with the College’s Act and Statutes.
- Remuneration is attractive and in accordance with the Approved Harmonized Conditions of Service for Colleges of Education.
- Eligible for reappointment for another term only.
D. Mode of Application
Candidates are to submit an application letter to which should be attached the following:
- Curriculum Vitae, including names and addresses of three (3) referees who can attest to the qualities sought.
- A brief vision statement (not more than 2 pages) outlining how the applicant would respond to St. Francis College of Education Mission and Vision Statements during his/her tenure as Principal.
- Police Report of undoubted integrity.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope directly to the following:
THE SEARCH COMMITTEE
ST FRANCIS COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
P.O.BOX 100, HOHOE
OR by e-mail to the following address:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Friday, 20th March, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Issued by The Search Committee of the Council of St. Francis College of Education.