1. NON ACADEMIC POSITIONS
Accra College of Education, a public Tertiary Teacher Education Institution, located in the Greater Accra Region, Accra, Ghana, invites applications from qualified applicants to fill vacancies in the following Units.
A. TRANSPORT UNIT
Job title: Driver Grade Ⅱ
Duties and Responsibilities
The Driver Grade Ⅱ shall assist the Transport Officer in the overall management and administration of the Transport Section and perform duties which include:
- ensuring cleanliness of vehicles;
- supervision of subordinate staff; and
- repairs, maintenance and smooth running of the College’s vehicles
- Must possess a valid Driving License
- Must have at least the BECE/MSLC certificate, be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity, be circumspect and above reproach, have proven organizational and leadership skills, possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and be a team player.
- GCE “O” Level/SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate will be an advantage
The Applicant must have served satisfactorily as Driver Grade Ⅱ for a minimum of two (2) in the College or a similar organization, and possess a valid Driving License “D” with, at least 8 years accident-free driving experience.
B. WORKS AND HOUSING UNIT
Job title: Plumber (Works Assistant Grade Ⅱ )
Duties and Responsibilities
The Works Assistant Grade Ⅱ shall perform general works and maintenance duties in a specialized trade area including repair and maintenance of equipment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, or other liquids;
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation;
- Assembles fittings and valves for installation;
- Tests plumbing systems for leakages and other problems;
- Analyses problem and identifies appropriate tools and materials for repair works;
- Chooses plumbing materials based on budget, location, and intended uses of building;
- Follows health and safety standards and complies with building codes;
- Writes report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken; and
- Performs inspections of plumbing systems to identify and replace worn out part.
An applicant must hold NVTI or its equivalents in plumbing.
Must have 2-4 years proven experience in commercial property/facilities management with an appreciable knowledge in maintenance and general repair of plumbing system, desilting of sewages etc. City and Guards would be considered.
How to Apply
An applicant is required to submit application letter, C.V, transcript and certified copies of certificates.
Note: Applicants applying for Driver’s position should include a copy of their Driver’s License to:
Accra College of Education,
P. O. Box LG 221,
Legon – Accra, Ghana.
Closing Date: 15th April, 2021